Another Donnelly Pub, The New Oxford is a cool public house located in Yaletown. I came here on a Wednesday night for a drink and some wings, and the experience was pretty nice – the service wasn’t bad either.
- like most pubs and public houses, it gets quite loud and dark in here
- awesome antique looking couches at the back!
- billiards, arcade game machines downstairs!
- have food and drink menus that are similar among all Donnelly Group locations
- come here for specials!!
- no cover (at least on the Wednesday evening I came in)
Verdict: I would definitely come back here with a few more friends to just hang out because The New Oxford has such a cool vibe to it – loud and crazy, but at the same time more casual and laid back than others. Next time, I would also try and steal the cozy couches at the back!